The pilot who was flying the plane carrying Nigel Farage when it crashed on general election day has been charged with threatening to kill the Ukip leader.
Nigel Farage of Ukip plane crash: in pictures

Justin Adams, who was at the controls of the light aircraft which crashed into a field on May 6, seriously injuring Mr Farage, has been remanded in custody.

The 45-year-old pilot has also been charged with threatening to kill the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) official who investigated the accident. It is alleged that the threats were made last week.
Adams was at the controls of the Polish-made Wilga 35A, with Mr Farage sitting alongside him, when it suddenly nosedived to earth during a party-political stunt on the morning of this year's Westminster election.
Mr Farage managed to walk from the crash scene, as pictured in graphic images from the time, while Adams was trapped in the mangled wreckage.
The seriously-injured pilot remained conscious and was later airlifted from the scene, in Hinton-on-the-Hedges, near Brackley, Northants., to hospital in Coventry.
Nigel Farage exposes EU tyranny European Parliament
Adams was brought before magistrates in Oxford and spoke only to confirm his name, age and address.
He was arrested on Sunday after calls were made to the police, alleging that on November 26 he threatened to kill Mr Farage and that on Sunday he similarly threatened CAA investigator Martin James.
The business owner, wearing a blue fleece and jeans, did not enter a plea to either charge.
He was remanded in custody and ordered to appear at Oxford Crown Court on Tuesday next week.
Adams, who had been living in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, but has since moved to the village of Buckland, Oxon, ran a firm called Sky Banners.
At the time of the crash Mr Farage, who has a fear of flying, was making a last-ditch attempt to win over voters as he fought to oust House of Commons Speaker John Bercow MP from of his Buckingham seat.
The controversial politician, who previously led Ukip from 2006 to 2009, stepped down from the role to concentrate on his campaign.
However, his supporters delivered the news to him in hospital that he had come third with only 8,401 votes.
He then resumed the leadership of the party on November 5 this year.
Following the publication of the crash report the 46-year-old said: "I think the conclusion is the best for everyone. It was an accident, there we are, these things happen in life.
"I give thanks to the fact I got through it.
"I have never liked flying – always hated it, although I have done a fair bit of it as an MEP.
Read more from the source: 

Post a Comment


Popular Posts