A passenger plane belonging to a small Russian airline, which was flying over 220 people from an Egyptian resort, Sharm El-Sheikh to Saint Petersburg, has crashed over Sinai. Search and recovery operation is underway.
- 22:17 GMTIn a phone call to the Russian president, Italian PM Matteo Renzi has expressed his sincere condolences with regards to the tragedy.
- 21:54 GMTSome 150 victims’ bodies which have been recovered from the crash site have already been transported to Zeinhom morgue in the Egyptian capital, RT’s Harry Fear reports from downtown Cairo.
- 21:49 GMTA third Russian Emergencies Ministry’s plane is heading to Egypt with a team of personnel, RIA Novosti reported. In total, the Russian ministry has sent 83 emergency personnel and two pieces of machinery to aid with the recovery operation at the crash site.
- 21:06 GMTThe aircraft crew of the Airbus A321 made no complaints about the technical state of the plane during pre-flight operations in the Russian city of Samara, TASS reported citing the regional transport prosecutor’s office.“On October 30, after arriving to Samara airport… the aircraft did not undergo overhaul as there were no maintenance requests from the plane commander. The crew also made no remarks concerning the technical state of the airplane,” a spokesperson for the office told the agency.
- 21:01 GMTWatch RT's latest report on Sinai plane crash
- Source: https://www.rt.com/news/320225-plane-crash-russian-egypt/